Data Conversion Specialist
Ortho2 is seeking a Data Conversion Specialist, for our Internal Services Department. The Data Conversion Specialist is responsible for the conversion of client data from various legacy systems into our software, as well as developing customized solutions for our existing clients. Our ideal candidate should have the desire to learn, be detail oriented with the ability to meet project timelines.
- Work closely with our client and our New Customer Care team to understand the client’s needs and develop a plan to meet their expectations and requirements.
- Review and evaluate the existing data sources and analyze the conversion steps required.
- Create project timelines and communicate with client and team members, assessing progress of deliverables from conception to completion.
- Design, develop, revise, and maintain SQL scripts, code, and queries for data translation, conversion, and reporting.
- Convert existing data, using ETL processes, creating queries and scripts to manipulate the data into the format needed.
- Conduct system testing and provide trouble-shooting to quickly and accurately find solutions to resolve issues.
- Communicate with both the customer and internal team members keeping both informed as to potential issues that may affect the timeline.
- Provide post conversion issue resolution, inefficiencies and/or recommendations for existing process changes.
- Assist in creating customizations to our practice management suite of orthodontic software.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associated degree in Computer Science or related field, Bachelor degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience working with customers where analytical and technical problem solving was required.
- Must possess knowledge of data conversion routines, protocols, and ETL processes.
- Knowledge of ETL processes, data migration, data conversion, and/or data integration routines and protocols.
- Comfortable importing and exporting database files from multiple sources.
- Experience with HTML, SQL, XML, Visual Studio, and Microsoft Suite of products.
- Knowledge of C# not required, but would be a plus.
- Exposure with both Apple and Android applications.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills to multitask projects simultaneously with the ability to commit to and deliver projects on time.
New Customer Care Specialist
Ortho2 is seeking a New Customer Care Specialist in their Ames, Iowa office. This competent individual will assist new and existing customers in implementing our software, and will provide fast and useful technical assistance to our customers regarding our proprietary software and integrated peripheral software applications.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with weekly New Customer Care tasks. (Including initial contacts, preparing offices for training, post training check-ins, end of New Customer Care graduation calls, and add-on software module implementation)
- Serve as the first point of contact for our new customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, chat, or email.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions and walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Coordinating data conversions. Discussing conversion process, timing, and “what converts” with new offices.
- Assist with New Customer Care documentation.
- Create help videos that are useful for the New Customer Care process.
- Work in coordination with other departments within the company.
- Maintain knowledge of Ortho2 proprietary products and third party integrations.
- Maintain effective work relationships with other Ortho2 staff members that foster productivity, workgroup cohesiveness, and high morale.
- Log and track calls in the Customer Database.
- Proven experience as a software help desk specialist and/or in another customer support role.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge and experience with computer technologies, Windows, Microsoft Office, mobile devices, and remote control applications.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
- Proficiency in English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess organizational and time management skills and demonstrate a solid work ethic.
- Travel required for company and industry meetings and possibly customer trainings.
- Shift hours are 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. M-F.
Ortho2 offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage. Paid time-off, short term and long term disability insurance, life insurance and a 401k/Roth plan with a generous company match. As well as the opportunity for a performance based, year-end bonus.